Thursday, December 17, 2009

Roasted Carrot Soup




On Tuesday I could not prepare lunch for my family, so, following my tradition, I made some soup for dinner. And the chosen one, already for the second time, is Pat Scarpin's carrot soup. It is really easy and good, and everyone around here liked it a lot. I cannot write much today, there is a little person here pulling my leg to take him to bed!

Roasted Carrot Soup
from here

Ingredients:

1kg carrots, peeled and roughly chopped
340g brown onions, roughly chopped
3 tablespoons olive oil
salt and cracked black pepper
1.5 liters vegetable stock
1 cup (240ml) pouring (single) cream
parsley leaves, for sprinkling

Directions:

Preheat oven to 180ºC/350ºF. Combine the carrot, onion, oil, salt and pepper in a baking dish. Roast for 30 minutes or until the carrot is tender.
Process, add the stock and blend until smooth. Place in a saucepan over medium heat, add the cream and bring to the boil. Cover, cook for 5 minutes and sprinkle with the parsley.

PS: I'm really glad with the good feedback I've been receiving from the blog. This just gives me more inspiration to keep writing and posting! Thanks a lot!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Sound delicious. I love roasted veggies and if we have left overs they are so easy to turn in to soup.
    Mimi

    ReplyDelete